Zoom for Beginners
Category: Remote Ministry
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing platform that can be used for video conferencing meetings, audio conferencing, webinars, meeting recordings, and live chat. Zoom Meetings are the foundation of Zoom, and the term refers to video conferencing meetings using the platform that allows remote and co-located meeting attendees to communicate frictionlessly. Since you don't need to have a Zoom account to attend a Zoom meeting, you can even meet with clients or conduct interviews remotely.
A "Zoom Meeting" simply refers to a meeting that's hosted using Zoom. Attendees can join the meeting in-person, via webcam or video conferencing camera, or via phone. Below are a number of tips for first-time users to understand how the program can work for them.
- Each free account comes with a 40-minute limit with 100 participants allowed in a meeting.
- Pro accounts, that allow for an unlimited meeting time and up to 300 participants in a meeting, are available for $14.99 USD per month. Those accounts also allow live-streaming on Facebook or YouTube. They also include cloud storage for recording your meetings and other features.
- Zoom works on multiple platforms and devices allowing you to connect from phones, browsers, tablets, and stand-alone apps as well.
- When using ZOOM with larger groups, use BreakOut Rooms to allow for increased opportunities for individuals to participate in conversation and interaction—don’t keep everybody in the big meeting space. Break into smaller discussions, and then select a spokesman for the room to share when you get back together.
Recent Resources Posts
Share is designed to lead you to become fishers of men through reaching others with the good news of Jesus. You can download the Share Bible... View Resource
1. Carnival Day This is a one-day event you can host in cooperation with a church and city hall, a local school, or a refugee center, to meet... View Resource
Do you know what a Third Culture Kid (TCK) is? Episode 10 of the “Josiah Venture Stories” podcast with Claire Patty is ready for you to listen... View Resource