You Can’t Quarantine the Gospel
Categories: Evangelism, Evangelism, Discipleship
A Resource Provided by Dare 2 Share Ministries
Dare 2 Share Ministries hopes and prays that this list of resources will bless you, and those you serve and minister to, during this unique season as we all respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite the circumstances we face, we continue forward with our mission to energize the Church to mobilize youth to gospelize their world so that we achieve our vision: “Every teen, everywhere, hearing the gospel from a friend!” As we continue to partner with amazing youth leaders and ministry leaders like yourself, we hope that the below digital items will help you and your teens reach more people with the good news of Jesus! We are actively praying on your behalf as you seek to multiply the message of the gospel during this opportunity.
This section provides you with some general resources that could help you and those you serve to see a Kingdom perspective on the latest developments in our world and how to utilize this unique time for His purposes.
- Download the “Life in 6 Words” app to your smart phone. You can find it on your app store and by visiting the website: https://li6w.com/
- Check out our “You Can’t Quarantine the Gospel,” channel on YouTube to access
several video resources to use during this time: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLTNCsY4X5-IcHEGpinPnPeiCiERlKZvu
- Check out several helpful articles Greg Stier has written including, “How to Help your Teens Overcome Their Fears of the Coronavirus Pandemic”: https://www.dare2share.org/resources/youth-ministry-articles/
- Download the free ebook “4 Tactics to Advance the Gospel on Social Media” here: https://www.dare2share.org/res...
- Download the free ebook, Gospelize Your Youth Ministry by Greg Stier to understand
more about how to help your students and your leaders advance the gospel: https://store.dare2share.org/products/gospelize-your-youth-ministry-e-book
- Encourage your students to read through Now Grow as a way for them to grow in their faith. https://store.dare2share.org/p... If your students are unable to print this document resource, encourage them to journal their responses to the questions.
This section focuses on different ways we can be praying for others and teaching those we influence on how to pray in this difficult time. We especially encourage intercessory prayer for salvation for those who haven’t put their trust in Jesus.
- Watch and share the Cause Circle video to know how and why to Pray, Care, and Share:
- Text people you know asking them for prayer requests. After they respond to you, text back your prayer for them. Let them also know you will continue praying for them.
- Watch the video on how to utilize the Life in 6 Words app to pray for the salvation of your lost friends:
This is the place where we can see various methods to care for others even with the most severe contact restrictions in place. We encourage you and those you serve to implement many of these actions as people desperately need to know the loving care of Jesus right now.
- Go door-to-door (maybe as a family) in your neighborhood and ask if anyone has physical needs you can help with or prayer requests.
- Put cards of encouragement on neighbors’ doorstops. Invite them to call/text (if you feel comfortable giving out your cell phone number) or email prayer requests or physical needs.
- Call people who need help.
- Activate “virtual small groups” to create community using Zoom, Google Hangouts, or other video conference service.
- Watch the New Life in 6 Words Video (above) on how to utilize the Life in 6 Words app to organize and remember the people you are caring for.
There are many great and loving ways to engage with people in conversation about the gospel. The below links and resources will give many practical steps and tools to facilitate those life changing talks. We hope you will use them to the fullest and teach others to do the same.
- 4 minute crash course on how to share the gospel:
- Watch this video on how to share the gospel with people of different worldviews: https://www.dare2share.org/tra...
- Download the digital version of the Life in 6 Words : The GOSPEL Explored curriculum –currently made available to you free of charge – through the Dare 2 Share web store: https://store.dare2share.org/p...
- Download the digital version of the SALT: Creating Thirst curriculum – currently made available to you free of charge - through the Dare 2 Share web store: https://store. dare2share.org/products/salt
- Watch the video on how to utilize the Life in 6 Words app to keep track of who you’ve shared the gospel with:
- Send them a link to the Life in 6 Words video New Life in 6 Words Video or the Falling Plates video from our friends at CRU (video below) and then follow up with a conversation through text or phone call to see what they thought the main points were and what they thought of them.
- Text, email, or share on social media these SALT videos and follow up with a conversation:
» Have you ever wondered about God:
» How valuable am I:
» Then what?:
» Why does God let bad things happen?:
» What makes for good relationships?:
Resource Provided by Dare 2 Share Ministries
© Copyright 2020 Dare 2 Share Ministries
Recent Resources Posts
Share is designed to lead you to become fishers of men through reaching others with the good news of Jesus. You can download the Share Bible... View Resource
Do you know what a Third Culture Kid (TCK) is? Episode 10 of the “Josiah Venture Stories” podcast with Claire Patty is ready for you to listen... View Resource
In May of 2013, I walked out of a very familiar gray building—my Czech high school—for the last time as a student. The relief of completing... View Resource