Ukraine Summer Outreach
Josiah Venture is responding to the war in Ukraine by supporting the humanitarian and ministry work of our team and local churches on the ground inside Ukraine and by assisting Ukrainian refugees as they move into neighboring countries. We have been coordinating with churches inside Ukraine and neighboring countries to provide desperately needed shelter, food, evacuation, long-term stay, medical supplies, personal care, spiritual encouragement, Bibles, and the hope-filled message of the gospel during this war.
As other relief organizations move into place, we are shifting gears into phase two of our response. This is focused on responding to the emotional and spiritual needs of those impacted by the war – particularly young people. We are working to reach over 2000 Ukrainian young people through evangelistic camps this summer and impact another 2000 through over 50 outreach events in 15 surrounding countries.
Would you consider joining us in this bold initiative? Your donations today to our Ukraine Crisis Fund will directly support this effort.
The War is Horrific
- Thousands of Ukrainian civilians are being killed, including hundreds of small children. Sexual violence against women is on the rise.
- The war has made it incredibly difficult to get aid into hard-hit parts of Ukraine and get people who are in danger out.
- Since the war began on February 24th, over 8 million Ukrainians have become internally displaced within the country, while more than 6 million refugees have fled the country. All are struggling with the severely limited job market, housing, and schooling opportunities long-term.
- Urgent medical care, food, and safety are desperately needed for those in northern, southern, and eastern Ukraine.
We Are Taking Action
- 5450 people were evacuated from war zones into Western Ukraine and the EU.
- 51 busses transported refugees into the EU – mainly to our training centers H2O (Poland) and Malenovice (Czech Republic)
- 3200 people received semi-permanent housing and placement in surrounding countries through the work of our team.
- 13,625 nights of housing were given to refugees in Ukraine, and 31,875 meals were provided.
- 670 metric tons of food were purchased, delivered, and distributed – all through the hands of believers and local churches (45 full semi-trucks of food)
- This was enough for 1.8 million meals
- 200,000 pieces of literature were printed and distributed
- $300,000 of medical supplies and aid were purchased and delivered.
“God’s Word gives hope in the hardest days. We came to you with tears in our eyes, but we are departing with big sincere smiles. These smiles, good sleep, good food, the compassion of people, a calm in the soul, and faith that God will lead us to victory—this is what you have given us. You have helped people return to life. You have shown us a new day filled with new opportunities. With great thanks, the people living in room #302.” -Olena
Above Quote: Olena and her 8-year-old son hid for 3 weeks in a basement before miraculously escaping and taking our rented bus out to stay at our retreat center in the Czech Republic and receive care.
View Our Humanitarian Aid on Telegram:
Listen to Our Recent Podcast Episode:
Recent Stories from Ukraine
Music that Heals
How do you process the trauma of war? When young people have to flee from devastated towns and cities, relocate to new countries, and deal with the loss of friendship and stability, the soul has to process... Read the Blog Post
A Guest in the House is God in the House
I have had the privilege of experiencing Polish people and culture since 1995. In general, Poles are warm, direct, and hospitable. A very well-known Polish saying goes… Read the Blog Post
As I write this, the nation of Ukraine is at war, with young people being sent to exposed battle lines to defend their country, and refugees flooding the surrounding… Read the Blog Post